These sweet Scandinavian Kringler are tasty, delicious, and a beautiful Christmas treat. Easy to make and great with a cup of coffee, or on their own. Give this sweet treat a try today.
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar + extra sugar to top once out of the oven
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream (optionally, homemade)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients, minus extra sugar for topping at the end.
- Beat in a stand mixer for a minute or knead for about three minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 equal parts and form into ball.
- Roll a ball into about a 12-inch rope that is of equal thickness.
- Form into circle and twist into 8 or infinity sign.
- Place onto lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Repeat for all cookies and leave room for each cookies. This requires three cookie sheets.
- Cook on center rack for 12 minutes OR until a very light golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with sugar.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then move to a wire rack for cooling for about 30 minutes.
- Cook each pan one at a time on the center rack.
- If you don’t have 3 9x13 cookie sheets, just use the 1st pan twice.
- Save some sugar to sprinkle on the top immediately after removing from oven.
- These cookies go marvelously with coffee.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 126 Calories
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg