This Milk Punch is luxurious, creamy, and a taste of history. If you like trying classic cocktails, this is a great Fall or Winter cocktail to try and it is straight from the illustrious Professor Jerry Thomas.
- 2 teaspoons fine white sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 ounces cognac
- 1 ounce of Santa Cruz Rum
- 4 ounces milk
- nutmeg, to top
- Fill 16 Ounce glass half full of ice
- Add sugar, water, cognac, rum, and milk, and additional ice to shaker.
- Cover and vigorously shake for fifteen seconds
- Strain contents of shaker into glass
- Grate nutmeg on top and serve
- I prefer to use whole milk, but any milk works great.
- I use some ice for the shaker and also some ice in the glass.
Keywords: milk punch