This drink won’t cure any diseases, but the Penicillin Cocktail will sure make you feel better. Embark on the experience of making this modern classic cocktail!
- ¾ Ounce Ginger Syrup (see below)
- ¾ Ounce Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Ounces Blended Scotch Whisky
- 1 ½ Ounces Islay Scotch Whisky
- Ice, for Shaker
- Ice, for lowball glass
- Candied Ginger for garnish (recipe here)
- Lemon peel twist for garnish
For Honey Ginger Syrup:
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Ginger Tea (get the recipe here).
1. Add shaker ice, blended Scotch, lemon juice, and ginger syrup to shaker
2. Vigorously shake for 15 seconds.
3. Strain into lowball glass that has a large ice cube
4. Using a cocktail spoon, layer Isley Scotch on top
5. Garnish and serve
For Ginger Syrup:
- Add ginger tea (recipe) and honey to a small saucepan
- Heat to medium-low and stir until all ingredients are well blended
- Refrigerate in Half Pint jar. Use within one month.
Total time is 5 minutes, but it takes more time to make the ginger syrup needed for this recipe.
Keywords: Penicillin Cocktail Recipe