This drink won't cure any diseases, but the Penicillin Cocktail will sure make you feel better. Embark on the experience of making this modern classic cocktail!
- ¾ Ounce Ginger Syrup (see below)
- ¾ Ounce Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Ounces Blended Scotch Whisky
- 1 ½ Ounces Islay Scotch Whisky
- Ice, for Shaker
- Ice, for lowball glass
- Candied Ginger for garnish (recipe here)
- Lemon peel twist for garnish
For Honey Ginger Syrup:
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Ginger Tea (get the recipe here).
- Add shaker ice, blended Scotch, lemon juice, and ginger syrup to shaker
- Vigorously shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into lowball glass that has a large ice cube
- Using a cocktail spoon, layer Isley Scotch on top
- Garnish and serve
For Ginger Syrup:
- Add ginger tea (recipe) and honey to a small saucepan
- Heat to medium-low and stir until all ingredients are well blended
- Refrigerate in Half Pint jar. Use within one month.
Total time is 5 minutes, but it takes more time to make the ginger syrup needed for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
Keywords: Penicillin Cocktail Recipe