This Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Recipe is a great take on the traditional breakfast roll or snack. We bring it one step further by topping it off with a delicious RumChata glaze that really makes this Fall treat something special.
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree + 1/4 cup pumpkin puree for filling
- 4.5 teaspoons yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup softened butter + 2 Tablespoon Softened Butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon for top of rolls
For RumChata Glaze
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup RumChata
- Heat milk. 30 seconds in the microwave should do it.
- In large mixing bowl, add 2 cups flour, salt, sugar, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, milk, yeast, 1/4 cup butter, egg
- Using hand blender, mix on medium for 1 minutes
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix for another minute
- Mix with bread hook medium for 3 minutes or knead for 10 minutes
- In large buttered dish, add dough, put in warm place (I place in oven with light on), and rise for 90 minutes
- Roll out dough so that it has rectacular dimensions of 15 inches by 10 and even thickness.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of softened butter over rolled out dough
- In separate dough, mix together 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to make filling.
- Evenly spred filling over dough.
- Lengthwise (from the 15″ side) roll up dough and try to keep wet filling from spreading over outside of dough. You may have some leak out when you get to the end of rolling. It is ok, just wipe it up.
- Using tooth floss, cut dough into 15 equal pieces. Ideally, this would be 1 ” pieces.
- In buttered 9 x 13 x 2 pan. Lay the fifteen cinammon rolls, 3 per roll
- Place in warm place and allow to rise for 30 minutes. I use my oven and turn the light on.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cinnamon rolls and preheat oven to 350 Farenheit.
- Add rolls to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- With about 15 minutes left, start on RumChata glaze by adding 1/3 cup butter to a pot over medium heat
- Once butter is melted, add powdered sugar and stir to prevent burning.
- Add RumChata and stir until smooth
- Remove from heat
- When rolls are done, remove from heat and evenly pour RumChata glaze over rolls. If needed, use a rubber scraper to evenly spread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Serving Size: 1 Roll
- Calories: 323 calories
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 167 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Recipe with RumChata Glaze