Pickled eggs are one of the ultimate Bar Foods. They are compact, tasty, and filling. This Carolina Reaper Spicy Pickled Eggs recipe is one that is going to knock your socks off with flavor.
- 2 ½ cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- ¼ raw onion, sliced (optional)
- 3-5 loosely chopped Carolina Reaper peppers (or whatever pepper you want)
- 6 hardboiled and peeled eggs
- Heat vinegar, spices, and salt to boiling.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Add Garlic cloves, onion, and Carolina Reapers to sanitized mason jar
- Pour liquid into jar.
- Add eggs
- Put lid on and place in fridge.
- Allow to sit for 1-2 weeks before eating and eat within 3-4 months.
- You can add eggs as needed, but I would replace every 3-4 months
- Keeps for 3-4 months
Keywords: Spicy Pickled Eggs