A classic Spring dessert! This delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler has just the right amount of sweetness and a tang of rhubarb to make this a hit for the whole family. Add in a side of vanilla ice cream and this is such a delight.
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped and drained
- 8 Ounces strawberry, sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoon butter, melted but not hot
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients and set aside.
- In separate bowl combine topping sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add butter and mix well with a fork or spoon. It should start to be feeling like a dough.
- Add two tablespoons of milk and mix with fork and hand. It should be able to stay together, but may be a bit crumbly. If the dough will not stay together, add another tablespoon of milk and mix well.
- In a 1 ½ Quart Baking dish, dump filling and spread evenly.
- The end goal is to have 6 patties of dough on top of the filling for baking. Take about 1/6 of the dough (maybe golf ball size) and form into a patty in your hand. We want thise patties fairly thin. 1/2 inch or so. If it gets a little crumbly, that is 100% ok. In fact, that is good. This does not need to be perfect. Place in corner of dish.
- Repeat until the filling is fairly well covered with 6 patties.
- If there are leftover crumbles from your topping, just sprinkle them across the top.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes and then serve.
- Don’t take the cobbler topping too seriously. It will be crumbly, bumbly, and good.
- Take all the left-over cobbler topping crumbs from forming the topping and spread it evenly over the cobbler.
- I use a shallow 1 ½ quart Corningware dish, but you could also use a normal 9x9 baking dish.
- Consider serving warm and with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Here is a great recipe for homemade Ice Cream!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of Entire Dish
- Calories: 373 Calories
- Sugar: 55 g
- Sodium: 185 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 73 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
Keywords: Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler