If you are looking for a tasty appetizer, this Cheesy Fried Pickle recipe is for you. Done in just 10 minutes, this is a simple, fast, and delicious recipe. Get out your pickle spears and give it a try today or for your next party!
- 4 pickle spears
- 4 ounces block havarti cheese, cut into 4 equal, length-wise slices
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Heat oil to 375° Fahrenheit,
- Using paper towels, dry each pickle
- Place egg roll wrapper on a cutting board so that it is diamond shape from your perspective
- Place pickle with broadest side up on in the middle of the egg roll wrapper
- Add cheese against pickle spear
- If cheese is hanging over the sides of the pickle, trim up.
- Lightly wet the edges of the egg roll
- Fold egg roll wrapper corner that is nearest you, over the pickle
- Fold left and right edges in
- Roll up egg roll so everything is covered and set aside
- Repeat until all pickles are wrapped
- Cook pickles in hot oil for about 1 ½ minutes. I cook 2 at a time, but this will depend on the size of your pot. Egg rolls should be golden brown
- Remove from oil onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut in half and serve with dip. I recommend this Chipotle Ranch Dip.
- If the oil start crackling too loud, it might mean the cheese is leaking out and they should be close to done, if not already done
- Can substitute gouda or mozzarella cheese
- Make sure to follow frying safety
- Serve with this Chipotle Ranch Dip Recipe.
- For Calories, I estimated 40 grams of corn oil based on measuring before and after oil weight and accounting for a little oil dissipating into the air.
- Serving Size: 1 pickle
- Calories: 260 Calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
Keywords: fried pickles