This Weber Pizza is a tasty way to experience Margherita flavors on your grill. With fresh mozzarella, basil, and some easy pizza sauce, this grilled pizza is a winner
For The Pizza Dough (makes 2 balls)
- 190 grams lukewarm water
- 4 grams granulated sugar
- 1 packet (7g) Active Dry Yeast
- 311 grams Bread Flour (I use Dakota Maid)
- 10 grams olive oil
- 5 grams salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 8 Ounce ball of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 10–15 fresh basil leaves
- Either 1 or 2 days before making pizza, add lukewarm water and sugar to a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle yeast on top.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and manually stir until everything is incorporated.
- Knead by machine (or hand) until the dough is smooth. In my KitchenAid, this was approximately 5 minutes.
- Make sure it is a ball and lightly coat with oil.
- Place in a covered dish for 1-2 days.
- 3 hours before you intend on baking, take out of the refrigerator.
- Divide into two equal pizza balls. We will only be using one today. For the other, I wrap it in a freezer bag and put in a freezer.
- For the pizza ball we are using, I allowed to rise in my oven with it off, but the oven light on.
- Now, for the sauce. Add oil, thyme, onions, and garlic to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Allow garlic to soften, but nothing to burn. Turn temp down if anything starts to brown.
- Once garlic is softened and glassy, add tomato sauce and paste.
- Preheat your grill to 325 or as close as you can get it. It should not be a high temp.
- Stretch the dough as instructed in the notes.
- Once dough is stretched, add to preheated grill and close cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and allow to cook for five more minutes with the cover on, but watch to make sure nothing is burning.
- Flip, add sauce first, then cheese and basil leaves.
- Allow to cook covered until cheese is melted, but the crust is not burned. Should be 10-20 minutes.
Keywords: Weber Pizza