All of the Chicken Wings with a Margarita Kick. These Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Wings are tasty and a great addition to your grilling arsenal.
For Margarita Tequila Lime Sauce Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Teaspoons Sambal Oelek
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup tequila
- 8 Chicken Wings
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, To Taste
- First, make the Tequila Lime Sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat
- Add cornstarch to a small dish and add in water. Stir and set aside
- Once the butter has melted, add Sambal Oelek, lime juice, and sugar to saucepan and stir together
- Add tequila
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for approximately 5 minutes
- Re-stir cornstarch slurry and add to boiling sauce
- Continue stirring until sauce thickens
- Remove and set aside
Preheat Grill to 425° Fahrenheit, but make sure there is a direct heat zone and an indirect heat zone
- Salt and pepper wings liberally
- Place wings, skin side down, onto the hot side of the grill and allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Turn and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Move to indirect heat and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- Take the temp. If it is less than 165° Fahrenheit, flip and wait 5 minutes.
- Repeat the last step until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl toss wings and sauce together until fully coated.
- Start with a clean grill.
- If you don’t have a digital thermometer, get one. We need our chicken at 165° Fahrenheit to be safe.
- Either cook your sauce inside or if your grill has a side station, you can cook it there.
- If you don't have, or cannot find, Sambal Oelek, you could use Sriracha or any other chili sauce as a substitute.
- It only seems fitting that you serve it with a Perfect Margarita Cocktail or maybe a Frozen Strawberry Margarita.
- When temping your wings, doing so in the fat part of the drummie can help prevent fat from escaping.
Keywords: Tequila Lime Chicken