This Dry Rub Chicken Wing recipe is sassy, spicy, and sweet. Fry up a batch of these appetizers for game day, a party, or just because you want some dang wings! As a bonus, we are adding a Chili Lime Dipping Sauce recipe to dip these bad boy wings in. Enjoy!
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 10 Chicken Wings
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
Chili Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Chicken Wings:
- Mix all dry rub ingredients (Brown Sugar, Paprika, chili powder, ground mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder) in bowl.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil to 375° Fahrenheit
- Add wings to oil and cook for 8 minutes
- Remove one wing and temp. If it hits the safe temp of 165 Fahrenheit, remove all wings and put on paper-towel lined plate. If below 165, readd to oil and cook for another minute and chek again.
- Spot check a few of the wings to make sure they are at 165 Fahrenheit.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes and then add wings to a large coverable bowl.
- Sprinkle all dry rub on top. Put cover on bowl and shake to cover!
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Can be served immediately, but your best bet is to give it an hour in the fridge.
- Don’t cut off those wingtips, but if you have to, save them for Chicken Stock
- Temp your wings at 8 minutes and you know they are done when they hit 165° Fahrenheit
- Follow all frying safety guidelines
- Don’t skip the step of allowing to sit on a paper towel-lined plate
- If you are grilling your wings, check out our Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Wings recipe.
- Calories listed here are for the wings AND sauce
- Serving Size: 2 wings
- Calories: 324 kcal
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 654 mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: Dry Rub Chicken Wings