Snickers Salad is a delectable dessert that can be done in just 10 minutes. A sweet treat that uses apples, marshmallow cream, cream cheese, and the king of candy bars (Snickers) to make something everybody will love. It's is an excellent dessert for a potluck, a holiday dessert, or just when you want a comfort treat. Take a few minutes and throw together this easy, sweet Snickers Salad dessert today!
What Makes This Snickers Salad Special?
If you are a fan of Snickers and apples, you are destined to enjoy this dessert. It is full of wonderful sweet flavors. Apples that come both in sweet and tart flavors. Sweet cream that comes with a mixture of cream cheese and whipped marshmallow cream. Then, finally, all of the flavors of a Snickers bar.
This treat is full of great contrasting textures, as well. The apples bring some crispness to the dish. The cream cheese and whipped marshmallows bring creaminess to the plate.
The wet ingredients adds both texture and also serves as a binder for the entire dish. Chewy chunks of Snickers mix into the dish and brings a unique contrast to the crispness of the apples. Perhaps the texture combination is somewhat akin to a caramel apple, but there is so much more going on.
Where to Serve This Dish?
You don't need a reason to serve this, but I have some events in mind for this Snickers Salad. I imagine it as a dessert for Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas. Maybe it would be great for a potluck, as you can be pretty sure that nobody else is making a Snickers salad.
Of course, you could make it for just a regular ol' dessert. Make this for dessert and treat yourself.
How Long Does This Recipe Keep?
I would consider making this for any event you are serving it the same day. Inbetween preparation and serving, just store it in the refrigerator. While I wouldn't leave this dish out for a day, it is pretty sturdy and fine out of the fridge for several hours. Perfect for a potluck or picnic.
I have put it in the refrigerator and tried it the next day. It still tastes fine, but it just isn't as good. It doesn't look quite as good and it definitely needed to be stirred.
I suggest using Granny Smith apples and Red Delicious. Use what you want, but this combination is great. The Granny Smith apples add some pleasing tartness to the sweet mix.
The Red Delicious complements the sweetness but also adds some nice color to the dish. Don't get too wrapped up in what apples to use, and if you want to try something else, you should!
A Note About Serving Size
This recipe makes approximately 15 servings that are ½-cup in size. This is a great size if you are looking for a dessert or a sweet treat. If you are a hungry bunch, perhaps consider 1 cup per serving.
If you follow Ramshackle Pantry, you know I like to dive a bit into the history of my dishes. The star of this show is the Snickers, so I thought I would throw in a cool little tidbit about the history of the Snickers bar.
The Snickers bar was first released in 1930 by Mars. The story goes that the name Snickers was first held by the favorite racehorse of the family. They decided to give the title to the latest candy bar, and it stuck.
Dessert Snickers Salad Tips
- If you want more Snickers flavor… add more snickers. You could even garnish the top with some snicker chunks or minis if you wanted.
- Top with a caramel sauce, optionally.
- This recipe does not keep super well as leftovers. It's ok, but not great. I suggest using the same day.
- I leave the skin on the apples.
Products Used in this Recipe
Did You Make This Recipe?
Awesome! I am so glad you gave it a try. It would be so great if you could take a moment and let me know how it went in the comment area below. Of course, I would love for you to share this on Pinterest or Facebook. Heck, even call your BFF or your grandma and tell them about it. No matter what, I appreciate you spending some time on Ramshackle Pantry and checking out my recipes.Print
If you are going to have a salad, you should make it a Snickers Salad. This is a great recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any delicious dessert needs. Snickers are the star of this show, but apples, cream cheese, and whipped marshmallows really bring it all together. Give it a try!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 7-ounce package of Marshmallow Cream
- 3 snickers bars, chopped
- 2 delicious red apples, cored and chopped
- 2 granny smith apples cored and chopped
- Caramel for topping (optional)
- In large bowl, mix together Marshmallow Cream and cream cheese until well combined.
- Fold in Apples and Snickers until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately or put into the refrigerator for up to eight hours.
- Optionally, top with caramel sauce and serve.
- Try different apples. I chose Granny Smith for some tart flavors and Red Delicious for sweet.
- Add more Snickers if you want more Snickers!
- While it can be saved overnight, the best results if this is made the day you want it. If you make it the night before, you will need to mix before you top with caramel and serve.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: Snickers Salad