Twisting up this Classic cocktail with refreshing blueberries, sweet honey, and the same delicious mint you would expect in a tasty Mojito variation recipe.
So, we have made what we feel to be our best Mojito recipe and now let’s have some fun. Of course it is great to try and perfect a classic. It is also fun to take what is great and throw our own ideas into the mix. For me, with a Mojito, it means making a Honey Blueberry Mojito.
Why A Honey Blueberry Mojito?
Not gonna lie… I love blueberries. They are probably one of my favorite fruits. I love making blueberry ice cream, I love eating blueberries, and I love having them around. This is one thing that I generally pick up at the store when I can. And honey? Some of you might now that I am a beekeeper, so I do enjoy to throw honey in the mix whenever I can. A mojito calls for a sugar, and what better way to mix up the classic cocktail than to use nature’s sugar. Even Hemingway drank a variation of the Mojito that had honey (Gregorio’s Rx).
We get to keep all the things that are great about a Mojito (mint, rum, lime), but get to add some extra flair to the classic cocktail in a way that is both tasty and looks beautiful. So, enjoy!Print
This Honey Blueberry Mojito is such a refreshing twist on the classic cocktail. It is time to get out your summer brain and try this cocktail on for size.
- Club Soda
- 2 Oz White rum (Bacardi)
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries + a few for garnish
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 12 Mint leaves + 1 sprig for garnish
- Ice (I used 8 large cubes)
- Cut lime into 4 sections.
- Place lime into shaker along with the honey, blueberries, and 12 mint leaves.
- Muddle until muddled well. Not muddled enough? muddle some more.
- Add rum and ice.
- Vigorously shake all ingredients for 15 seconds.
- Pour entire content of shaker into highball glass.
- Top with Club Soda
- Garnish and enjoy
Keywords: Honey Blueberry Mojito