So, we have made what we feel to be our best Mojito recipe and now let’s have some fun. Of course it is great to try and perfect a classic. It is also fun to take what is great and throw our own ideas into the mix. For me, with a Mojito, it means making a Honey Blueberry Mojito. Go straight to recipe.
Why A Honey Blueberry Mojito?
Not gonna lie… I love blueberries. They are probably one of my favorite fruits. I love making blueberry ice cream, I love eating blueberries, and I love having them around. This is one thing that I generally pick up at the store when I can. And honey? Some of you might now that I am a beekeeper, so I do enjoy to throw honey in the mix whenever I can. A mojito calls for a sugar, and what better way to mix up the classic cocktail than to use nature’s sugar. Even Hemingway drank a variation of the Mojito that had honey (Gregorio’s Rx).
We get to keep all the things that are great about a Mojito (mint, rum, lime), but get to add some extra flair to the classic cocktail in a way that is both tasty and looks beautiful. So, enjoy!Print
This Honey Blueberry Mojito is such a refreshing twist on the classic cocktail. It is time to get out your summer brain and try this cocktail on for size.
- Club Soda
- 2 Oz White rum (Bacardi)
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries + a few for garnish
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 12 Mint leaves + 1 sprig for garnish
- Ice (I used 8 large cubes)
- Cut lime into 4 sections.
- Place lime into shaker along with the honey, blueberries, and 12 mint leaves.
- Muddle until muddled well. Not muddled enough? muddle some more.
- Add rum and ice.
- Vigorously shake all ingredients for 15 seconds.
- Pour entire content of shaker into highball glass.
- Top with Club Soda
- Garnish and enjoy
Keywords: Honey Blueberry Mojito