These Quick and Easy Baked Pizza Sliders are dang delicious and a perfect weeknight dinner. A great way to get pizza flavors in beautiful little slider sandwiches.
We are deep into our Chicago deep dish series and wanted to take a break from the traditional recipe and try something a little bit different. One thing about different styles of pizza is that they tend to be defined by their crust. While I could change up the sauce a bit or I could make a recipe for a different pizza style, I really want to take the essence of this dish and try to bring it to a different sort of recipe. I thought a fun way to change up a traditional Chicago deep dish is to make some pizza sliders! This is a recipe that does not require as much time or effort as our traditional pizza but is loaded with the ingredients and the BIG flavors of the Chicago deep dish.
Bread in our Baked Pizza Sliders
We are going to be making our crust with King's Hawaiian buns. King’s Hawaiian all the way. This recipe is a comfort food and I am not going to skimp on the buns. King’s Hawaiian is sort of like brioche buns in that they are made with butter and eggs. Additionally, there is a sweetness to them. If I were to focus on this meal a bit more, I might try to make our own brioche or challah buns. We are not that ambitious today. Besides, I already really love the King's Hawaiian sweet buns. Whenever I go to a potluck, I always keep an eye for any sandwiches that might be made with these awesome little guys.
The Ingredients in our Pizza Sliders
Well, we are going to try and keep in the tradition of Chicago deep dish and the construction is pretty straightforward. There will be some mozzarella, crushed and drained tomatoes, sausage, and topped with our special sauce. The special sauce is a butter, parmesan, garlic and an Italian herb mixture. This will be poured over the top of this dinner bomb to finish it off with some big flavor.Print
These Quick and Easy Baked Pizza Sliders are tasty and can feed your whole pack with not very much time. Such a tasty meal to be made any night of the week.
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Buns
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella, sliced
- 8 Ounces Ounces Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 14 ½ Ounces Canned tomatoes, petite diced and drained
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup grated parmesan mixed
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Using a bread knife, cut the entire slab of buns in half
- Place bottom halves (still connected) in bottom of oven safe pan. I used a 9-inch by 11-inch pan, but as long as it fits.
- Layer mozzarella to cover
- Spread Italian Sausage
- Spread Tomatoes
- Spread Butter mixture (see below for recipe) evenly over top
- Bake on oven middle rack for 20 minutes
- Cut and serve
To make Butter Mixture:
- Melt butter in bowl
- Add rest of ingredients and stir
- While I recommend mozzarella cheese, really any meltable cheese could be a good substitute.
- Italian Sausage is great, but try using other ground meats for different flavors.
Keywords: pizza sliders