Start with tomatoes and end with a Bloody Mary. This From-Scratch Bloody Mary recipe is really something special. Level up your cocktail game with this craft brunch cocktail.
I am going to end this Bloody Mary series with a BANG! Usually, we just recap what we have done for the past several weeks (we will do that too), but today we have a bit extra. While we did make a classic Bloody Mary already, I realized that we have constructed a full from-scratch bloody mary recipe and we are going to share that!
From-Scratch Bloody Mary
We made our own tomato juice, hot sauce, beef sticks, pickled eggs, and celery salt. We really have constructed a drink that is almost nearly from scratch. So, if you want to go the extra mile and make a killer Bloody Mary that is really one of a kind and unique, we got you covered!
Could We Have Done More?
Yes. We could have made our own horseradish from the root. Or maybe pickles. We actually have our own pickles from the garden this year, but that is kind of a hard one to share and a bit intensive for the likes of a post like this. Plus, they are well out of season right now for us. It is ok, though. We made a dang unique Bloody Mary that I am really proud of!
- Origin of the Bloody Mary – We recap the history of this drink and even make some new discoveries.
- Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail – Here we give you the basic, beautiful, and tasty drink.
- Bacon Salt – Well, we were gonna make a Bacon Bloody Mary. Obviously. And we needed some bacon salt to go along with this.
- Bacon Bloody Mary where we use the Bacon Salt.
- DIY Celery Salt – Why wouldn’t we make our own celery salt?
- Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce – This is a hot one using the world’s hottest pepper.
- New Year’s Eve Punches
- Carolina Reaper Spicy Pickled Eggs
- World’s Spiciest Bloody Mary
- How to make tomato juice
- Another classic that is close to a Bloody Mary, The Bloody Caesar.
- Bloody Mary Beef Sticks!
Products We Used In This Series
- Shaker Kit
- Pint Mason Jar
- Fifty Shades of Bacon
- Spice Grinder
- ½ Pint Storage
- Mccormick pickling spice
- Clamato Juice
- Food Dehydrator
- Meat Grinder
Hey… you guys and gals. Thank you so much for following along. I hope you like this from-scratch Bloody Mary recipe and I hope you check out our next series that will be out in just a few days!Print
From Scratch Bloody Mary and Series Recap
This is a FROM-SCRATCH Bloody Mary. No, it is not quick and takes some preparation, but it really is a special drink.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: From Scratch
- Cuisine: American
- Homemade Celery Salt
- 1 lemon wedge + 1 for garnish
- 1 lime wedge + 1 for garnish
- 4 ounces homemade tomato juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 or 2 drops of this homemade HOT hot hot sauce
- 4 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of prepared horseradish
- Splash of pickle juice
- Pinch black pepper
- Celery for garnish
- Pickle for Garnish
- Olive for Garnish
- Homemade Beef Stick (optional, but recommended)
- Pickled Egg for Garnish (optional, but recommended)
- Sprinkle celery salt generously onto a small plate
- Moisten pint glass rim with one lemon or lime wedge
- Put rim on celery salt plate to coat the rim with the salt
- Fill the glass with ice
- In shaker, squeeze 1 lemon wedge and lime wedge into it
- Drop spent wedges into the shaker.
- Add vodka, tomato juice, homemade hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, pepper, and a splash of pickle juice to the shaker
- Lightly shake
- Strain into pint glass
- Garnish with lemon, lime, pickle, olive, and celery stalk.
The time below presumes you have already made the individual ingredients
Keywords: from scratch bloody mary